CRIMINAL DEFENCE LAWYER
abriel completed an Honours B.A. at Queen’s University where he earned the Queen’s University medal for highest standing in philosophy and economics.
• He earned a J.D. from the University of Toronto in 2016 and was called to the bar in 2017. While in law school, he competed in the Canada-wide Corporate-Securities moot where his team won best factum and he was ranked as the top oralist.
• Before joining Edelson Law Barristers, Gabriel worked for two and a half years as an associate at a leading criminal law firm in Toronto.
• Gabriel maintains a broad criminal practice, representing clients charged with assault, impaired driving, fraud and other offences. Gabriel has drafted written arguments for all levels of court in Ontario including the Ontario Court of Appeal. He has assisted in preparation of complex criminal cases including multi-complainant sexual assault trials.
• Gabriel has also assisted clients in regulatory complaints before professional colleges in Ontario and has experience with corporate internal investigations.
• Gabriel is a member of the Defence Counsel Association of Ottawa, the Criminal Lawyers’ Association and the Advocates’ Society